1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airport Snow Removal Equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VolvoL60F, Dec 11, 2013.

1. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

I work at an airport, and stopped by the maintenance garage. Lots of goodies!

2. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

3. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Very nice stuff. Thanks for posting.
  5. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

X 2 ... Awesome equipment !!!
  6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Sweet Equipment...

What are you doing to make the pictures so vivid ? Sometimes when I'm simply resizing a picture, and I click "auto correct", it makes the colors brighten up.

Are you pictures so detailed and rich because of the settings on the camera, or is it one of those SLR cameras with 200 million pixels ?
  7. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I can tell you dog, if you look at the edges og the pics, that gives you a hint what he's doing with them......nice pics btw, you know your camera & lighting a bit I can tell, take more pics of other equipment you see sitting around....or getting used.
  8. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Yeah, that would be true if I had any clue on photography other than a simple point and shoot camera and it's adjustments. I'm pure novice when it comes to cameras other than the adjustments on basic camers, such as ISO, scene mode, White balance, color effect, etc.

He's haloing the picture with obscuring the perimeter with some .... I don't know what??, but I guess it's some form of photography / photoshop feature???

Is he altering the Contrast ? Changing the ISO ???:confused:
  9. 98K3500

98K3500 Member
    from WI

The real clue for me is the "signature" on each pic.

Dude is a professional photog.

Sweet EQ and pics BTW.

: )
  10. Kwagman

Kwagman Senior Member
    from NY

Nice photos! Thanks for sharing!!!
  11. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks guys!

To answer your questions about the photos, all of them are edited. I don't have any special settings on the camera I use. Most photos turn out bland, and colorless for me as well. I use a photo editor called 'PicMonkey' through Smugmug.com. In that editor I go through a lot settings to make the photos like the ones above such as:

Exposure: Shadows, Highlights, Contrast, etc

Sharpness: Clarity, Sharpen

Colors: Saturation, Temperature

I play around with these levels until the image is set to my liking. Hope this helped, thanks for viewing my thread!

Check out my website for more photos like these!
  12. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

Lots of cool pictures on your page. Nice work.
  13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Point and Shoot Cameras can have the same number of Pixels as a DSLR, the DSLR will always take better pictures for multiple different reasons, the most noticeable is the sensor is bigger.
  14. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I will take #61 please
  15. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I will take number 70.
  16. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Those are some sweet looking rigs.

Would love to just drive one once.
  17. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Great pics ! Does the airport plow themselves? I thought Grover plowed the runways in years past.
  18. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

very nice stuff, ready for snow!
  19. VolvoL60F

VolvoL60F Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks! Grover still plows the runways, but only during the big storms. The City of Portland uses their own equipment for smaller storms. But both Portland and Grover plow together when big storms hit.

20. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

You couldn't handle that. LOL