1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airport Snow Removal Equip Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dieacst, Jan 8, 2009.

1. dieacst

dieacst Member

Looking for Airport Snow Equip pics in action or any sites that has any pics. Thanks...

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

search button will bring up lots of pics. been covered before.

3. airportplower

airportplower Junior Member

nothing from a large airport but this is what we use on our little grass strip

airport.jpg

4. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

I plowed a grass airstrip too,.. 9'2" Boss V w/one wing, making it about 10.5' wide,... :cool:

dee 2 (Custom).JPG

5. airportplower

the runway is opend up to 150' wide by 2180' long we leave about 50' so that way we dont hit the lights.. then there is prob 200'+ infront of the hangers we clear out ill try and get some pics when we plow again

6. airportplower

here are some of the pics of what the old mack takes care of

hangers.jpg

pile.jpg

runway.jpg

7. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

not sure how to do picks. there is a guy up the road that buys surplus gov stuff. he has a truck there with a plow that is about 35' wide. it's about 4' tall. massive, it's an old semi type truck but it is very short. behind the cab there is a square piece of concrete that is like 5'by5' for weight. he also has a huge snow blower truck also.

8. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

9. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

Alaska boss, I'm surprised they have the runway tight to those trees. I'd have moved it over to make for an easier approach.

10. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

I asked them about that too,... this is just for small single-engine planes for the most part,... but he told me that they have the least amount of trouble with drifting, etc, when it's over to this one side. It's actually not real tight,.. if you hit the trees, you'd totally miss the strip anyway,...

11. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

I've been asked several times on this site if i use this on a runway lolol

runway.JPG

12. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

well...... do ya??? :gunsfiring:

13. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Awsome Runway pics

14. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cQ6IMv0pUnc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cQ6IMv0pUnc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PhPdt5uLTmM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PhPdt5uLTmM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>