1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airfoil for Blizzard plows...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Up North, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Anyone ever use one or try one? I had a problem with my 1/2 ton Silverado heating up pretty good last season. I was okay while plowing but when in transport (between sites) my temp gauge would shoot up. I think it was due to the fact the plow completely blocked the front end of my truck when it was in the up position. I tried dropping it down some but didn't seem to help much. Now I just brought the front end up about 2-3 inches via cranking up my torsions, but I think that will have any effect as the plow will also sit higher.

Anyone ever try the Airfoil? I like the idea of redirecting the air back into my radiator. There was a product called the Coooler, but never could find any info on it. Or I could possibly replace my fan clutch but don't know how much that would cost. Any ideas?

Buck

2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The AirFoil is a VERY HIGHLY recommended ad-on for your Blizzard Plow, especially on the GM trucks. The opening for airflow is not big enough like on the Fords, or Dodges. Spend the money to get one, it's cheaper than having to replace an engine.

Just the 2 pennies.

Jon

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

there was some problems with GM's cooling fan not working right, i am not exactly sure what goes wrong but you may want to call your dealer and see what they have to say.

4. RHarrah

RHarrah Member

Would I need to be conserned about the air flow / overheating situation on my 05 Dodge Ram 2500?

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Hey Jon,
    What kind of price tag does the Airfoil have?

Buck

6. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Yeah there was a Service Bulletin that went out from GM, but it was primarily for the 2500's I believe. Eventhough the same problem is more then likely affecting my 1500 they haven't addressed the problem there yet.

Buck

7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Hey Jon, not trying to bug you or anything but just wondering if you know off the top of your head what the Airfoil prices out at? Do you have any in stock? Thanks.

Buck

8. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Ya, they are not that expensive if I remember correctly. I run 2 of the 2500HD GM's. We haven't had any cooling issues with the Blizzard 810. I have no air foil.

9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The airfoil price is $89.40. Call Bob @ Kubota of West Michigan to purchase yours. His # is 616-877-0800.

Thanks.