1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airflow SS V box overload issue

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Dig-it Landscap, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Dig-it Landscap

Dig-it Landscap Member

I have 2 SS Airflow V box's. One is gas driven, the other is dual electric. On the dual electric it seems to overload the system and only work on Blast mode. This is my first year running it and when I hooked it up here is how it performed: When it was empty, If you flipped the switch to ON with the spinner setting below 4 and the conveyor below 6 it would turn on and pick up momentum, you could then turn them both all the way up to 10. But if you turn it to ON with the spinner above 4 or conveyor above 6 it will not come on until you hit blast until it gets momentum then it runs and you can turn it up. That is empty, once salt is added blast mode is the only thing that will run it. It will not spin anything, at any setting, when there is salt in the hopper. Unless you hold it on blast. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Electric Air Flo

Sorry buddy but these have a problem with the circuit boards in the rear module. I have fought with Air-Flo the guys name was Jim Mcnally last year and had to rewire mine for a different style controller. It is basically two rheostat controller in front< and just wiring going to the two motors.
    I never used electric but someone had the bright idea of buying two of these and they were a thorn in my rear until I converted them.
    Need more information e-mail me
    to_buy@yahoo.com (air-flo in the text)

I will always use gas now, more maintenance but so worth the trouble

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Gas sucks. Call Bob at Karrier. His controllers should take care of your problem.