1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airflow MSS taigate speader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Snowaway, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

So I did it, I finaly made up my mind. I orderd a new Airflow tailgate spreader. I think I made a good choice. What do you think? I had to order it from Pennhazle equip. in Pennsylvania. They said they would have it to my door in AK for 2,600 bucks with controler, was this a good deal. I contacted a place in Anchorage and asked for a qoute, they never called me back !:gunsfiring: Good service goes a long ways, like at least 3,000 miles.

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

You'll be very happy with it. When you say control, are they actually using a speed control now? the two he had we're just on off switches. Which was fine since they have a nice gate so to control amount coming out.

not sure what the new ones are like, ours was not a hitch mount we bolted to the bumper. Cause of this I found that you have to make sure to spray out the back belt drum. Salt would sneak in there between the belt and the metal drum that the belt was running over. If you didn't clean it out once and a while (maybe like once a month, I would take extra time when cleaning it and spray it out), it could cause the belt to shift a little. Not that these things are hard to adjust. But yeah like most things keep it clean and you'll be set. We loved ours and still have one hooked up as a backup.

3. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Thats a pretty good price, I was quoted $3400 without the rheostat

4. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

So the place in Anchorage finaly called me back today, quoted me $3,500.00, I guess I did get a good deal.

To answer the question about the controler, I requested it on account of the fact that it will be used for pea gravel as well as ice melt. I don't want to be flinging rocks at cars and windows.

Oh yah and bump, bump :bluebounc :redbounce

Does anyone have anything bad to say about these spreaders?

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

the more I read, the more I think you better call that dealer back and make 100% sure of what your getting. That almost sounds too cheap to be true

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Bulletproof-will handle wet bulk salt with ease. Best gate sreader IMO. had two for a number of years and sold them to a friend of mine, spoke ot him last week and was amazed he hasnt spend a dollar on them yet. They're 12 years old.