1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airflow Duel Electric Motor

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Oasis, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

2. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

i like the look of that myself, anyone have pricing on that unit?

3. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

Well i know things up here are more expensive then down there but Im paying 5400 installed.tymusic

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

5. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Well the Tornado has its place. Seeing how I have a several trucks that are salt capable I like the Tornado because it is in my truck. It is light enough to remove and/or install by one person. (Yes, I have done it alone).

It is a unit that requires some TLC and not to be considered a unit that I would trust in the hands of just any employee. Unlike my dump trucks with Central Hydro and undertailgate spreader that will handle anything thrown in the truck.

I LOVE electric spreaders second only to Ctrl Hydro. My downeaster inserts with tailgate spreaders are GREAT!!.

I have heard nothing but GREAT things about Smith Electrics, Salt Dogg has really been getting the job done and the new Swenson Polly Hawk is also doing well in the field. I avoid SNOWEX VEEPRO line at all cost.

Ron G.

6. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Air flow salters have been around forever. Have a 3.0 yrd steel thats at least 10 seasons old, have done extensive repairs but still dependable. Have a look at the snoway stainless salters too. Have a newer 1.75 yrd w/swingaway shute (nice option) really happy with the power and spreading abilities of these salters. Mine is the gas version but to each thier own.

Good Luck

DAFF

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That salter looks good Oasis, much better then the Tornado.

8. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

Thanks JD.... I am new to this profession and want to be sucsessful. I am no stanger to hard work but I really value the oppions of you vetrans. Thanks guys.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

SaltDogg poly/electric
    Light, durable,cost effective.
    List for $4450.00, can be bought local for $4250.00
    The way of the future for P/U applications

10. Oasis

Oasis Senior Member

Salt Dogg is incredibly difficult to find up here even if I did want one!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

whats the deal with the snowex veepro's.... I havent heard much bad stuff about them???