1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airflow 8 ft in bed salter needs work

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bruno123, Oct 11, 2009.

1. bruno123

bruno123 Junior Member

I have a Airflow 8 ft in bed salter. It has a newer motor and it started last year. The hopper needs work but I am willing to sell at a reasonable price. I have been told that the chain drive gear box is heavy duty compared to the newer gear boxes also new motor (briggs 10hp) in 2007. Open to any offers and it will have to locally picked up (lansing, Michigan 48906). Let me know.
    Mike

2. soccerlawn

soccerlawn Member

3. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

post some pics . if you don't know how send them to someone and some guys on here will do it for you.

4. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

5. bruno123

bruno123 Junior Member

Pics from last November, went to get some pics Today battery needed recharging.
    [​IMG]

6. bruno123

bruno123 Junior Member

Looking to get $400.00 for it.
    Let me know
    Mike

7. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Man, I wish you were closer. I am looking for another unit like this now. Any chance you want to meet me in toledo?

Bossman

8. bruno123

bruno123 Junior Member

I really dont have a way to get there , but if you have a trailer there is a shop I know that has a hoist and could transfer it ( I think it weighs 850 lbs)
    Let me know
    mike

9. bruno123

bruno123 Junior Member

Give a call 517-204-6660
    maybe we can work out something
    Mike

10. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Is this spreader sold?

11. bruno123

bruno123 Junior Member

airflow 8' salt spreader

nope still waiting for a new home.
    let me know
    call 1-517-204-6660
    mike

12. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

Mike, wanna bring it across the border for me?, i will gladly pay you for your time.

13. bruno123

bruno123 Junior Member

salter

are you talking about plowhorse or me with the cheap $400.00 airflow? cant tell but plowhorse thinks it him?
    let me know
    mike

14. bruno123

bruno123 Junior Member

salter

if you are talking about the pictured orange air flow hopper dosent have any major holes needs some parts as in drag chain some welding here and there put a new clutch on 2 years ago and new briggs 10.5 hp will hold 21/2 ton salt and as I said before I was told the drive trans for drag chain is heavier duty then the newer ones.
    let me know
    mike

15. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Hey Bruno, Do you have pics of the chute? I am very interested in the spreader. I can send one of my guys to you to pick up if we can make a deal.

PM or email me at tigerstriping@centurytel.net.

Doug

16. bruno123

bruno123 Junior Member

salter

the chute is stainless but needs work to has 2 spinner shafts
    1 stainless 1 plastic
    let me know
    1-517-204-6660

17. bruno123

bruno123 Junior Member

airflow salter

Unit is SOLD!!!!