1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airflo Vbox chain

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by edshipp19, Oct 5, 2004.

1. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

? for you all. I am in the process of taking my vbox apart to sandblast it. Is there a link that comes apart to take the chain off(it is still good and will be reused). BTW i have another vbox that i was gonna sandblast also, but after this one i might just sell it if anyones interested(runs great,some rust but no rot). Back to the point of the thread, will someone let me know what to do with the chain as i wanted to sandblast it this weekend.
  2. ShannonS

ShannonS Member
    from IOWA

Master Link

There should be an master link on there that you could undo, not sure though. I mean i work with cat machinery and stuff everyday and the rails that hold the tracks together have a master link that comes apart, so i figure that there should be the same on the web of the sander. Rotate it enough to find one link that looks different then the others maybe not sure though thou. Don't hold me to it. Just trying to help ya and would be interested in sander if selling.
  3. bterry

bterry Senior Member

How'd your v-box come out? I plan to do the same, and was thinking of just leaving it mostly together. Any suggestions on the project? What paint did you go with?

4. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

I just finished sandblasting it tonite. I ended up taking it all apart which sucked but im glad i did. Weather will be bad here for the next couple of days and i don't feel like covering everything in the shop to paint it inside. Not sure on the paint yet. But i have a Mattos paint shop across the street from me which gives me paint and supplies at cost(still isn't cheap) and they sell the same dupont paint airflo uses, so i may go with that but it is costly.