1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

AirFlo V box

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Hiwire, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

We recently bought a new truck that included an AirFlo V-box. It doesnt look like it was connected to that truck but was just set in the back to be sold as a package. We dont have any use for it and want to sell it. The inside is in great shape. It looks like it has been used for sand, not salt, so there is little rust. We have not run it yet and dont have pictures. To be honest, we dont even know what such an animal is worth. If anyone is honestly interested in it, I can get more info and maybe some pictures. I think if someone made a reasonable offer, they could have it quick. If you would like more info, drop me an email @ Hiwire@msn.com
    Ray
    If anyone has any ideas of what that might be worth, I would appreciate the help too.

2. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Guess I should have mentioned that this is bigger than a pickup box. I dont have measurements or model number but it looks pretty comfy resting on the back of a GMC 6500. I dont know if it would be too heavy for a 1ton truck, possibly not. Id say it would hold 2-3 yrds of material.
    Ray

3. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

We looked again at this box this morning. The model number is PS8E. The engine is an 8 1/2 Briggs industrial. It does have all cables and controls with it. We had a friend look at it that is more familiar with them. He said the drag chain is in great shape and the whole machine is in excellent shape. He was impressed at how clean the box is.
    Ray

4. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

I now have pictures of this beast. If anyone wants them I will be glad to send them. Even the paint on the inside of the box is 95% still there. It doesnt look like this has ever been used much.
    Ray

5. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

This box is still available. We are in Syracuse,NY. Easily accessable from NJ, PA, New England,. I do now have a few pictures and can take more if needed. We have the loaders to lift it and set it right on your truck. If anyone is interested, I think the first decent offer will take it.
    Ray

6. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

This box is still available. Turns out it is actually made for the smaller trucks. According to Airflo's website, it only weighs #650 empty and they show it mounted on single rear wheel pickups. I do have pictures and can answer any questions for anyone interested. We are looking for offers.
    Ray

000_0063.jpg

7. chrisbolte

chrisbolte Junior Member

What are you asking for the spreader? Email me chrisbolte@aol.com! I am interested but you are a long way from me! Also, could you send some more pictures from the side!

8. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

We spent a little time fussing with this unit this morning and the motor runs. Tomorrow we will move it inside, clean the snow out and run it. The control cable was cut when they removed it from whatever truck it was on. I will splice stuff back together and make sure all the controls work. It looks like this thing is going to ba just about like a new box. If anyone is interested, give me a shout.
    Ray

9. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

i'll give you 500 dollars for it, my phone number is 815-867-0931, thanks, rob

10. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Rob,
    Scroll down a little. There is another for sale MUCH closer to you in MI and for even LESS than that $500. Save you driving all the way to NY. Sounds like a better deal for you. Im looking at closer to $1500. Sorry
    Ray

Last edited: Feb 9, 2004
  11. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

hey ray, give me a call would you, 815-867-0931 thanks, rob

12. drafto

drafto Member

Do you still have this spreader?

13. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

The spreader is gone
    Ray