1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airflo Stainless V-box

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by wizardsr, May 7, 2011.

1. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

For sale is a 1 year old Airflo stainless V-box spreader. It holds 3 yards with the bolt-on wood top extension, more if you heap it up. Also includes the top screen which will mount on top of the extension as well as in the v-box without the extension. The cover was custom made, and fits the top extension like a glove. The controller is custom installed in the dash panel of a 2003 Ford Super Duty, and can be swapped into any 99-04 super duty. Buyer gets to choose whether they want the dash panel or a brand new air-flo controller. Asking $4200, but will consider taking a little less without the dash panel or new controller.

Nothing wrong with this spreader, it worked great for us this year. Only selling because we've upgraded to a bigger salt truck and spreader. It's not brand new, but it's in really nice shape and works perfectly. The rear cover was a little bent, and was straightened as best we could (see picture #6). Otherwise it has normal wear and tear. It was kept washed and greased and needs nothing to go to work.

The subframe under the spreader in the pictures is also available free if you want it. It bolts to the top of a 34" wide chassis cab frame with 6 bolts, and the spreader bolts to it using 4 bolts in the air-flo factory mounting points. The subframe also incorporates a front stop for good measure.

I'll be heading out to Erie, PA some time in the next couple months, so I'll deliver this for free within a reasonable distance of the interstate between Minneapolis and Erie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wizardsr

More pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. wizardsr

Couple things I forgot to mention. This is the dual electric model, which has independent controls for spinner and conveyor speed. Also included is the power harness, control harness, and the 4 heavy duty tie down straps it came with (not pictured as I had it bolted down versus using the straps).

4. wizardsr

Bump TTT.

May also be interested in full or partial trades for a blower for my bobcat 843, a 10-14k bumper pull skid trailer, or a pre-dd Blizzard 8611lp.

5. wizardsr

Now asking $3900/BO. Nice spreader here for the money! Headed to Erie, PA in the next few weeks, so free delivery is still possible to anywhere between Minneapolis and Erie!

6. wizardsr

Up up up TTT

7. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Looks like a nice unit, and seems to be a good price.
    I like the mount with wheel-wells great idea.
    Good luck with the sale.

Already set with a spreader otherwise this looks like a good deal!

I am excited for snow with all this heat we have had lately!

8. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Am I correct in assuming your subframe measurements are for a super duty only, not a Chev/GMC? Meaning this is a direct swap onto my F550 but not onto my GMC3500? Very nice looking setup also.

9. wizardsr

The subframe is 34" wide, which is the standard cab & chassis frame width. So if your GMC3500 is a cab & chassis with flat 34" frame rails, it should bolt right up. If it's a pickup frame, it may fit with some modification. The frame should go on a F550 with no issues. The fenders may no fit the larger tires of the F550 though, as it was on a 1 ton with 16" wheels.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  10. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

So this is not the one off your F550?

11. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Or is that white truck a F350?

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The truck in the above pics is a 350.......note the 16" rims

13. wizardsr

Correct. This spreader was on an F350 until this spring. The F550 in the other thread I bought in February this year, specifically so I could run a bigger spreader, as the air-flo ended up being just a little too small last winter. The fenders on the sub-frame may fit a 550 just fine, but if not, they could be cut off easily and you could mount fenders the same way I did the ones on my new F550.

14. wizardsr

TTT we go! Lots of great interest, but no one's taken it home yet. Open to reasonable offers.

15. wizardsr

New price, $3400/bo. Had an offer at this amount, but fell through. Want to move this so I have room for more toys. Interested in trades as well, looking for a skid loader trailer, snow blower for a 16gpm standard flow bobcat, hydroseeder, or a sidewalk machine with a blower. Heading to NY this weekend (Newark) so free delivery anywhere between here and there is still possible.

16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Any interest in a Bobcat brand auger attachment for a skidsteer? Along with 3 bits from 8"-32" IIRC.

If not, would you be willing to sell just the cover for it?

17. wizardsr

No, I already have an auger for our bobcat. Sorry.

Sure, but the cover is fitted to the top extension, would you want the extension as well?

18. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I actually have the same spreader with extensions so it would be perfect

19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ahhhhh crap, I just noticed yours wasn't the factory one. Price me with and I'll see. Thanks!

20. wizardsr

Like clockwork, the first of September has arrived and the spreader has been sold. Thanks for the interest guys!