1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

AirFlo Stainless Electric Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by wizardsr, Mar 8, 2011.

1. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

This is a nice airflo stainless all-electric spreader ready to spread salt and make you some money! I purchased this in spring 2010 from Stonebrooke equipment, it has about 1 season of use on it. The spreader holds 1.8 yards without the extensions; the extensions add 1.2 yards, so the total capacity is 3 yards. I've been able to get 3.5 tons (7000lbs) of salt in this unit. This is a dual electric setup, so you can control the drag chain and spinner independently, versus gas units or single electric setups where both are controlled together. The dual electric allows you to vary your spread pattern infinitely (really heavy and narrow, heavy and wide, light and wide, light and narrow, etc). The controller was custom mounted in the dash of the truck, and the legend is glued on permanently. If you're installing this unit on a 99-04 Ford Superduty, I would be happy to swap dash panels with the buyer, otherwise the controller and switches will be included with the face cut out of the dash panel. All wiring is included, but the power harness is a little short (this truck has power to the rear already, so the harness was installed to the rear junction box versus being run all the way forward to the battery). Also, the deflectors on the back were damaged and removed, and the rear cover is a little bent. This spreader was used for parking lots, so the deflectors were always all the way up anyway, and it actually spreads better without them. Additionally, we added poly deflectors to direct the salt towards the center of the spinner, which also results in a better spread. I believe the cover can be straightened easily, but I haven’t had time to take it off and mess with it. The bent cover does not affect the operation of the spreader in any way.

Also for sale is the sub-frame and fenders that the spreader is mounted on. This mounts to the truck with 3 bolts per side, and has an integrated ABS cover and front slide to keep the salt off the chassis. Also has an incorporated front stop as added protection besides the 2 bolts per side securing the spreader to the sub-frame. The fenders are diamond plate steel and are strong enough to stand on while tarping the spreader, and has front and rear running lights and minimizer poly fenders. The sub-frame will mount on any chassis cab truck with flat 34" frame rails, does not have to be a Ford Super Duty. The truck it's on has a 60" CA, and there is about 16" of room left in front of the spreader, it could be mounted on any chassis cab, or could be adapted to fit on a pickup frame with a little work (it's short enough to, but pickup frames are not flat). This does not include the rear bumper, front headache rack/lights, or mudflaps (the mudflaps are welded to the frame, not the fenders).

This whole setup worked extremely well for us, I could not ask for better. The only reason for selling is we've outgrown it and are upgrading to a larger unit. Everything you see minus the truck, headache rack/lights, and rear bumper goes with the spreader. Asking price for the spreader, extension, cover, wiring, controller, sub-frame and fenders is $4800/bo. May entertain trades of a skid loader trailer or dump trailer with ramps for a skid loader.

Located in Ramsey where we have a bobcat to load it for you. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wizardsr

More pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Bump for in my opinion, the BEST v box spreader on the market. We have cut our salt use by about 30% or more by being able to control ours so evenly. Our places get salted amply and we use much less. Everything stated in the description is true and then some. Great deal for a great unit IMO. Too bad I'm not in the market for another or I'd be all over this thing.

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I want your other spreader..... When's that one going up for sale?

5. wizardsr

Thanks! It really is a great unit, just not big enough for us. Going with a 4yd smith plus 12" extensions which is very similar to the airflo in it's construction and operation.

The snowex? Sure, $800. I'll bring it to Jerre's in April for you! ;-)

6. wizardsr

Forgot to mention, I'll be making a couple trips out to Erie, PA this spring, so shipping between here and anywhere along the way there is free. Likewise if someone wants to pick it up in Erie, arrangements can be made.

7. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Now you know that is not the one I'm talking about.

8. wizardsr

Ah... The Meyer Hotshot... $350 for that one...

9. wizardsr

Ttt... $4500 with the sub-frame and fenders, $4200 without.