1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airflo Spreader Questions

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SRT8_in_CT, Nov 11, 2011.

1. SRT8_in_CT

SRT8_in_CT Junior Member
    from CT

We have about a half acre lot and driveway to keep clear for a business that needs to get trucks in and out 365 days a year.. Been using a Fisher V box sander with a gas engine for the past 10 years or so with not too much trouble, but it's mild steel and has rotted out...

Local dealer has Airflo spreaders and looking at the PSV-8 to go in the Ford F250

We spread a sand/salt mixture, mostly sand, and sometimes it gets wet..Never was a big issue with the Fisher..

Are we better off staying with gas power or trying the electric version?? Noise isn't an issue, but it would be nice not to have another engine to maintain.. My fear is the electric won't spread the mix, or will it??

Also, love Honda engines, but wondering if it's worth the $500 over the Briggs..The tecumseh on the Fisher lasted 10 years and still runs fine..

Thanks in advance for any advice and/or opinions..

Ken

2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Airflo electric. Its a older model. It works fine. Its not like a gas spreader but it works well. Plenty of power. Its nice just to turn the button. Has two controls one for spinner one for conveyor.

3. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Airflo electric. Its a older model. It works fine. Its not like a gas spreader but it works well. Plenty of power. Its nice just to turn the button. Has two controls one for spinner one for conveyor.

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

The airflo electric will work fine for sand. Just make sure you take the inverted v out of it so the sand doesn't bridge.

5. SRT8_in_CT

SRT8_in_CT Junior Member
    from CT

That's good to know, thanks !!