1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airflo snow plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplowjay, Sep 8, 2003.

1. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Ok so as you all know I am an ebayer. Well today I stumbled across an old plow truck with an Airflo Snow Plow. Yes Air Flo the spreader manufacturer. I have seen a few of these plows before and figured id share it with you guys since maybe some of you had never saw an Airflo plow or even knew they made them. They look much like a Meyer design.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39415&item=2431897467

Jay

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I think someone accidentally pressed the button on Jay which activated him to be in Plowsite posting mode. ;)

On other hand, wow, I never knew that Airflo used to make plows. But they looks similar to Meyers plows which is probably why they stopped making plows. LOL. :D ;)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Now that's a gem of a truck.Needs a timing belt,yeah,right......:D

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Wow, a gem indeed. Looks more like a bomb to me...:yow!:

Course, you don't have to worry about washing the salt off....

The plow looks pretty stout though, I was also not aware that Air-flow made plows.

5. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Jay they were sold in this area for a very short time in the late 70's.
    Most were brought in to be installed during a few of the big snowstorms because the major brands couldn't be supplied and installed fast enough.
    Most of the shops that were selling and installing them seemed to vanish within a few months too.
    The Air Flo looked very similar to the Western plows at that time only "orange" in color.
    And used an under hood mounted electric/hydraulic Monarch power unit with the big double switch control box.
    They almost looked the way the Arctic snowplow look now as far as the blade; quadrant and a-frame.
    :rolleyes: John............

6. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Needs a driveshaft? What happened to the one that was there, it grew legs and walked off?? :D Hey Chris, I could be wrong, but wouldnt a truck like that have a timing chain and not a timing belt? Someone actually bid on that thing too. Mike

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

Yeah,it would be a chain Mike,hence my sarcastic remark in the previous post.:D

8. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

That's because someone probably is trying to help boost the America's economy. Its the American way. ;)

9. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Chris, I knew we were thinking alike at that moment in time. :D Steve, someone bid on it in hopes of getting it just so they can bring it to the crusher and put the poor thing out of its misery, although your reason wasnt so bad either. :drinkup: Mike

10. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Nice truck :rolleyes: NOT! like John said the plow does look like a Western no where near any Meyer plows i've seen. Probably the seller bidding on it so someone thinks that there is actually a person interested in it

11. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

If he says it needs a belt then that probably means the chain actually broke. I would bet that the motor is therefore as worthless as the rest of the truck. I don't see much reason to purchase that truck.

12. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I didnt know airflow made plows either. It looks like a nice set up at the time. Ive seen them around and i never knew what they were. As for the truck it looks like a good plow truck and work truck and is probobly very strong. Its just not pretty. Lets remeber looks dont push snow!:D

13. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Maybe that was the plow on the ford in the movie beautful girls.

14. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

Not much leather left on his "leather seats":D I am sure his AC still works, too;) . You gotta respect the old Take-The-Picture-In-The-Dark ploy, too!:dizzy: