1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

airflo junk

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bristolturf, Feb 22, 2012.

1. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

so last week our controller on our psv-8e electric salter went out. We had a back up and sure enough that was bad. So we call up a dealer have them order one and they send it to us and its a gas controller. Turns out the company that manufacures the controllers for the electric salters for airflo went belly up. Airflo has zero electric controllers availalbe now. So instead of spedning $300 for a new controller, we have to go spend $900 to get a new aftermarket controller and wiring harness. Were getting the Karrier 2090 which I know it a better product and I am happy to switch to something more reliable but still you spend nearly 10k on a few salters from them only to have them tell me were sol now and have to invest another 2k into these spreaders.

When I was talking with the people from Karrier apparently they made the controllers for airflo but then they found someone to make cheaper controllers, scrapped the good ones from karrier and put these pieces of crap in there now.

2. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

go saltydogg . proven electric screw . stay clear of belts, gas motors if poss. good luck Thumbs Up

3. bristolturf

bristolturf Senior Member

i wasnt involved in the process of buying these salters when the company bought them. With the type of salt we use the material flows a lot better out of the drag chain styles than it does the auger type machines. So our choices are a bit more limited but I have ran saltdogg before and was very happy with them.

Like i said its just stupid you need to spend another 2K to have your salters working just for some controllers.

4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Buyers had issues with there controllers and so did snowex. Doesn't make there product crummy. What is bad is that they couldn't come up with a replacement. I wanted one of those salters but I couldnt find a dealer in the US that was interested in selling one to me. So I bought buyers new 2.5 yd saltdogg they came out with this year instead.

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Truckcrafts old controller manufacturer went belly up as well and to get the new one with the harness to work on the older salters it was almost 2k.

6. nwilson1211

nwilson1211 Junior Member

If you are still having controller issues, I might be able to help.

Neil

7. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Trade em in on Polycasters. Can't beat them.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You could look at Saltdogg controllers and rewire the plugs on the existing harness. They are a lot cheaper than 2K.

They have a number of choices so be sure to get the proper one.