1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

airflo engine control

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by shooter56, Feb 15, 2011.

1. shooter56

shooter56 Member
    from ct

I just picked up a airflo SS pv-8 v-box for a deal that had a bad bronze gear in the gearbox,I replaced the box and did a bunch of repairs to it. But there is one problem with it, it has a honda engine that runs great but the linear acuator that controls the throttle is done. The other spreaders that we run have small square boxes that control the throttle. Does anyone have a honda with the small black throttle controller,could you post up a pic of how it's mounted on the honda engine.

thanks pat

2. shooter56

shooter56 Member
    from ct

I went back to a linear acuator from a different company for the throttle controller.

3. second income

second income Member

I have been looking for a new controller. Could you point me in the right direction. Thanks alot

4. shooter56

shooter56 Member
    from ct

www.progressiveautomations.com

If you need a linear actuator,I bought a PA14, 2 inch stroke. I havn't received it yet but I will post up how it works when I receive it.

5. second income

second income Member

Thanks for getting back so quick,m getting out of the truck to choke the spreader is getting old!! Stay Safe Lou

6. shooter56

shooter56 Member
    from ct

New engine controller from Progressive Automations

I recieved the new linear actuator for the throttle speed and choke,It works like a dream! The engine starts perfect now,I get full choke for cold starting now and a great engine control. The new linear actuator cost $124.00 shipped the one from air-flo was more than $400.00 and this one is much better,a lot nicer construction. IMHO.

Pat

7. second income

second income Member

linear control

Did you have to make up your own bracket for the linear actuator or were you able to mount it to where the throttle cable comes in ? We have a 10 hp Briggs. But, the way the weather is now in Jersey, I think we will be spreading fertilizer with this thing before we use it for any more salt LOL.

8. shooter56

shooter56 Member
    from ct

mounting bracket

I just put it right back in the same spot that the old one was, The engine in the sander is a honda. The choke is a bear to push on. I will take a pic of it so you can see how it was installed,

pat