1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airens 2 stage blower question

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Reliablesnow, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Reliablesnow

Reliablesnow Member
    from Detroit

I have the opportunity of purchasing a Airens, 2 stage 5520 7 year old snow blower. My question is, how much snow do 2 stage blowers leave behind? Is it enough where you need to go back with a shovel if you're doing a clients driveway? thank you.

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Depends on how your bucket skids are adjusted (high or low)
    The lower your auger is to the pavement the more snow is picked up...
    I wouldn't worry too much about what's left as long as it is a decent, neat looking job.
    Sometimes plows don't "get it all" either...
  3. Reliablesnow

Reliablesnow Member
    from Detroit

Thank you very much. The potential seller said when she uses the blower it leaves around 1.5 inches of snow left. It didn't sound right to me at all because the skids were all the way down and the bottom frame was in decent condition with zero gaps. She was probably over exaggerating. I appreciate the answer.
  4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

have an OLDDDDDDDDDDDD ariens. i keep the skids all the way up,,,and just replace the wear bar every other year or so,,,,,scrapes bare.
  5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

the scraper blade may also need to be adjusted...what is left will melt with the first sun
  6. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I bet when she used the blower she was pushing down on the handgrips to keep the levers engaged instead of gripping them and letting the blower ride on its own weight. Probably totally unaware she's doing it too.