1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Airdog fuel upgrade

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by snow7899, Mar 5, 2008.

1. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Do any of you with the cummins use an upgraded fuel system for the transfer pump? I just got the airdog and wanted to get some feedback from the plowing crowd. Thanks in advance Brian.:drinkup:

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i would, once i juiced up my 2001 i was cooking a lift pump once a year. i know they are expensive but i would put a fass system in it or a glacier diesel setup i hear those are good. do you have a fuel pressure gauge or a dummy light?

3. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I have an electric autometer ultra lite 0-15psi. Smarty controller 4" ss magnaflow exh.

4. chazmanian

chazmanian Member

I'm thinking that a $500.00 investment in a FASS unit may very well be a good idea. Or Airdog either way they seem to be the answer to a failure prone stock unit....I have read that the 2003 and up have a stronger unit than the 1st and 2nd generation trucks though.....

5. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

I put a FASS 150 on my truck after the stocker let go at 67k. I noticed a big power difference right away when I got the truck back. Power is a lot smoother now and it smokes a little bit more. FASS pump is really noisy, but you get used to it.

6. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Father makes AIR DOG
    Son makes FASS

cant go wrong with either one BUT the AIR DOG is running the promotion of the big line kit with the pump so thats well worth it! Ill be buying a Air Dog 150 once I get the 2001 back and going

Call Farm Boys Diesel (Gus) for a GREAT price on a Fass or Air Dog!!
    704-290-2289

Just tell him Ian Coleman sent ya!!!:drinkup:

7. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

I was thinkin of doin one of those to b4 I get stuck somewhere when the stock pump goes