1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Aircell?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 330kDMAX, Jan 13, 2011.

1. 330kDMAX

330kDMAX Junior Member
    from NH

Im new to the site and did a search on them but didnt come up with much. I have an 02 2500hd diesel with an 8' X blade. Im wondering if anyone is using the aircells with their torsion bars cranked? I turned the bolts 6 1/2 turns giving me 1 1/2- 2" of lift. Does anyone know if they will still work?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

3. 330kDMAX

330kDMAX Junior Member
    from NH

I did use the search button. Read the first sentence of my first post.:dizzy: The link you posted is talking about air bags. Im asking if anyone is using Air Lifts AirCell, the fixed airless bump stop. Im wondering if they will still work with my front end lifted?

4. 330kDMAX

330kDMAX Junior Member
    from NH

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

ops my bad. :(

been a big rash of new people not searchin. and the aircell was stuck in my head as a fresh one.

looked at those. as a mechanic for years i would pass. lots of factory stuff uses the foam cell. biggest problem i see is in crappy enviroments like we use our vehicles thay last few years and fall off.

timbrins or air shocks like firestone/bilstine would be better if i had my choice.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Nope,you're wrong about the Air cells.They look as good now as when I installed them a year ago and they work great holding up my heavy 9-2 Boss V.Cheaper priced than Timbrens and without the ultra stiff ride.A buddy's had them on his similiar truck for 3 years now with the same opinion.And we're in the salt belt of the world here in the Hudson Valley.

7. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

To answer your question, yes they will still work. You might want to shim them down with a washer so they aren't so far away from the control arm

8. 330kDMAX

330kDMAX Junior Member
    from NH

Thanks for your input guys. For anyone else who reads this and wants a set, order them from usautoparts.net and use the coupon code BODYPARTS for 10% off, got an email with the code because I ordered something from them a few weeks ago. Total came to $161.10 with free shipping. I also called Air Lift and they are sending me shims for free.