1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air temp gauge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jimsmowin, Jan 9, 2001.

1. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

any one using outside air temp gauge in truck? if so whare did you get it?

2. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

The Dodge I have has a computer Gizmo on the overhead consul only trouble is the temp sender is mounted behind the grill.
    The only time it tells the true temp. is with the blade off, or when I frist start it in the morning. Usually it tells me it's 100+ out, so I just plow and dream of a winter vacation in the Bahamas. The outside temp I do use everyday several times a day is my Davis weather monitor at my home/office. When it starts dropping from + to - I start loading the salt spreader.

Bill

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

I have a small unit I got at Radio Shack. The sensor bulb is mounted under a running board so, unless the vehicle is stationary for several minutes its reasonably accurate.

4. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i have a hand held unit i got from snap on but have seen then at napa also(laser)(100.00)

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Of course air temp is really inmaterial, unless you know the ground temps as well.
    Dino