1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air suspension

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by blakerugg, Jan 28, 2010.

1. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

front: bilstein/firestone
    rear: air ride tech.

forgot to take a pic of the controller, only has like a half inch of drop! love it. no ballast in the bed right now.

truck dirtier then it looks and needs a good wash/wax :cry:

plow is getting new lights soon and is being serviced and painted during this off season...

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  2. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

That looks really good. How long did it take you to install the bags on the front?

3. baldy548

baldy548 Junior Member

How do you like the firestone/bilstein?
    I am considerin them, but they are pricey. I have been trying to find someone who has them to get some feedback.

4. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

it took me about 2 hours from the front. without complications it should take half that. when i first got them i found out the front right shock had an air leak so i had to get a new o-ring and re-seat it. that took a lot of effort lol. theres still a slow leak which is going to be checked out tomorrow.

the system is great. the truck corners and handles loads sooo much better. the minimum psi is 10, and that sets the truck at normal height. u can get about 2 inches higher in the front and id imagine about 4 inches in the back. the ride is barely affected. besides the leak (prob just a connection) everything is great and well worth the money.

5. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

where did you find to have the best price on the front set up?

6. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

i got mine locally at arlington rv supercenter. ill have to dig up the invoice.