1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air shock help

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Abouna, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Abouna

Abouna Member
    from Iowa

After last winter with our Wrangler and Snowdogg MD75, I'd really like to control the front end a bit more. It sags too much for my liking, otherwise it's fine.

Are air shocks the best remedy? As I know nothing about air shocks I'll need a little guidance.

I'll have them installed, but need to know what to look/ask for .

2. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

If you do a search you will find some good advice on how to find air shocks for your jeep.

3. Abouna

Abouna Member
    from Iowa

I did search of course but wasn't confident I found an answer.

Just not sure air shocks are the best option. Maybe I should just go to the tire center and ask?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Monroe . Com and look under the air shocks

5. novawagonmaster

novawagonmaster Senior Member

6. Abouna

Abouna Member
    from Iowa

Wow. Great thread. Thanks.

7. Jeep_thing

Jeep_thing Member

Yes, I installed the same Gabriel part numbers and they are great. A direct bolt in other than drilling the air line hole. Thanks again Nova for the great build thread.

The rear Gabriels I bought at Autozone. The fronts were not available locally so I ordered them from Amazon. They are also found on eBay.

The Monroe site is not going to help you since no manufacturer lists air shocks for fronts, or even Wrangler rears for that matter. The part numbers given were selected by matching up the shock dimensions.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014