1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air ride on 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cdahl1177, Aug 25, 2011.

1. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

i have a 2006 chevy 2500HD with the duramax. i have the firestone air bags on the front and im buying the bags for the back. is anyone running this combo and what kind of on board compressor are you using. thanks

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

firestone airbags on the front??? really... Can we see pictures of this...

Airshocks?

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What he said.....

4. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Yeah thats my bad. They are airshocks.

5. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Ive had em for about 6 years now and love em. Best thing Ive done for towing and such. I got Air Lift bags which are basically same thing. I used the air lift compressor too but it bit the dust recently. Im looking into new compressors now and thinking going with the dual Viair 444c series with a 5 gallon tank so I can run on board air at front and back of truck. Any 400 series of Viair are good and are not too expensive.

6. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

thanks for the advice. i will look into the viair series.

7. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

how do you like the front air shocks?

8. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

One of the best things i bought for that truck. Makes the ride better plus when you pick up that plow, the truck doesnt drop an inch.

9. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I had airlift airbags on my 08. I put a leveling kit on and did not want the rear end lower than my front end when towing. They worked great. My airlift compressor went out awhile ago and am looking to do the same as 496 BB. When I took them off to sell my 08 I did notice the ride was nicer without the bags in. You have to keep 5 psi in them all the time. That is what airlift says anyway.

10. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

You dont have to keep anything in them. Technically yes they say that but thats BS. I disabled my pressure switch for the 10psi constant pressure so I can run empty when Im empty and not such a harsh ride. Never had a problem even when I load a 1200lbs tongue weight trailer on it when they are empty. They are pretty damn strong bags....look at em.

11. cdahl1177

cdahl1177 Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

thanks for the info guys.