1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air Pressure Tire Monitor System

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by thelettuceman, Oct 10, 2012.

1. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Other postings on this web site suggest not keeping 80 psi in your tires unless you are running at full load. I have been told that this will speed up tread wear. I have been keeping my tires at 70psi with no problem.

Today, I bought 4 new GoodYear Wrangler Silent Armor Tires. I had the pressure set at 70 psi all 4 tires. The low tire pressure light came on. The tires were reset at 75 psi front and 80 psi rear and the light went out.

Any thoughts on this.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That's probably the vehicle manufacturer (pressures) parameters set in the system.
    Talk to your tire guy about what they should be.
  3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Fords have a little electronic thing that comes with the truck to reset the pressure monitor, the tire shop generally does that when you get tire work done. We do run reduced pressures thru the summer month to help with tire wear.
  4. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

Not fully related to your question but my old man had a set of those tires on his 08 6.4 powerstroke and got 24k miles out of them. Hopefully they do better for you
  5. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I hear you... These tires have a 50,000 mile warranty. If I get 24,000 miles out of them, the tire shop better be ready to pro-rate a new set for me. Did you father try to get a new set pro-rated? Did he switch to a different tire?
  6. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

He switched to a different tire. He wasnt impressed with the snow traction at all with those silent armors. He went to the Hankook dynapro atm's and so far they are doing well