1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air not working in truck

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JeepPlow18, Dec 21, 2008.

1. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

I have a 95 chevy silverado and just before I was done plowing yesterday i noticed the heat stopped blowing but I did not turn it off. The off-1-2-3 knob wont work. will move but nothing happens same with cold air. It seems like the blowing fan is not working? park it, shut if off then go back a few hours later start it up to go get gas and it works again. This happened to anyone else? also one of my tires are squeeking i dont know which one but you can hear it well when driving but when I hit the brakes it goes away. Thanks in advance guys.

Mike

2. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

The squeaking tire is more than likely your brakes. The wear indicator is rubbing against the rotor and everytime you step on the brakes the tension changes so the noise disappears. The fan could be a relay overheating if there is one for it otherwise it would probably be the switch.

3. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

I would say it is either a loose wire (ground) or aan overheating relay
    If that is the only elictrical problem then it wont be too bad
    If you can adjust the squeek by applying or removing brake pressure it is either the squeeler in your brake pad or something in brake pad.

4. Crisch

Crisch Junior Member

I would check the fuse first. If that is not the problem check for 12 volts at the blower motor and make sure the ground is good.

5. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Thanks guys I will check it out and let you know.

P.S. The heat continues to work now:bluebounc

6. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I have one chevy that the blower sometimes stops, i tap on the blower cover( down by your feet on pass. side ) and it works, been 2 yrs like that now and still going strong.

7. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Thats the first thing that I did lol

8. brett.archer

brett.archer Junior Member

I had this problem in my 97 GMC pull off the dash and knobs and you'll see that the relay is probably fried (melted in my case) back there, i think the part was $9.00 and it took about 30 minutes to pull apart the dash and install and put back together. The guys at the chevy shop knew exactly what it was when I called on the phone, he said it happens quite often.