1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air Lift air springs Front Mount for F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by sledneck24x, Nov 7, 2011.

1. sledneck24x

sledneck24x Senior Member

Does anyone have pictures of thier 99-04 F250/f350 with a Air Lift Load Lifter Air spring for the front? How hard was it to install? What was the part number?
    Thanks Jon

2. stainlessman

stainlessman Member

I had used AirLift bags on the front of my plow truck for years and on the rear of my camper towing truck...I'm not a 'wrench head' , but was able to install them by myself.
    They work great.

3. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Do they make airbags for the front axle of leaf-sprung front end Superduties? I have Timbrens on mine.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  4. sledneck24x

Yes they make air springs for leaf spring front ends.They look like they would work very well.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Subscribing for part#

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Looks like part# 57154 works for the front of these trucks, and are around $255

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Jon, I have decided to order a set and try them out on my 99 250. I was debating adding a leaf, or going with bags. Due to how harsh my 04 350 rides with 2 extra leafs, I decided to give the bags a try. I'll update the thread once I have them.

8. sledneck24x

Where do you plan on mounting the valve stems?

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Im going to run an onboard compressor

10. sledneck24x

Overtime I would like to get an onboard compressor but for this year I plan on saving some money and just using the valve stems. So I have been trying to figure out where to mount the valve stems. someone mentioned replacing the front license place bolts with the valve stems. So I will have to figure it out.

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I've done the valve stems in the past, and in the LP holes. It works great. The only issue for me is never knowing how much is in the bags and if they leaked down at all. I've had issues with leaks in the past and want to keep my eye on things, especially up front. You can get the Airlift compressor/gage combo without all of the trinkets for about $130 shipped on ebay. That's the one I have that'll go in this truck.

12. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

How about mounting them under the doors in that sill strip that sticks down, where the steps mount.

13. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

That is exactly where I put mine. It does get caked with snow but I love the airbags. I set them in the early winter last year and have been perfect ever since. Never leaked at all!

14. firefighter1406

I have the Firestone bags on the rear of my truck, was going to go with the front bags but decided to go with new springs up front and they work well.

15. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

The front air bags for the 99-04 supers are sweet! I have a couple trucks with them. They're rated waaaaaay higher than you'll ever need, as they use the same type of bags and brackets as the rear leaf air bags. Thumbs Up They're the ultimate in adjust-ability. Thumbs Up

And yes, even a cheapo compressor off amazon is way better than guessing.

16. firefighter1406

Do you have a pic wizardsr? I thought about it on mine and always wonder how they look.

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

18. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Not off hand, and I don't have any of the trucks they're on here. I'll try to remember to snap a pic in the next day or so when I bring one of them up for an oil change and a little fluid film bath. The pics in the install instructions posted show them pretty well. Thumbs Up

19. ben@g2g

ben@g2g Junior Member

We run bags on the rear of our super duty pickups. I'd T them together and put the single shrader valve to the right of the gas filler. Since you're just doing front, you could put it under the hood too, either place would keep them free of ice and snow.

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Got my fronts on this week. I took a couple pics. I'll post them later on.

Rides like sh!t empty with 80lbs I can tell you that! LOL. 15-20lbs empty is about right. I'm sure loaded they will be sweeeeet! I don't have a truckside on it yet otherwise I'd have tested them loaded.