1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air in the system ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by frozen1, Nov 9, 2004.

1. frozen1

frozen1 Junior Member

I have a 6.5 Meyers and I just changed the couplers and swivel elbows where lines connect to the pump. Would this have allowed air into the system ? Should I bleed the system ? My angling rams are a little spongy but they are old and were like that before I did the work..
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The only way you would get air into the system through fittings and couplers is if they were leaking fluid. The best way to get air out of the turn cylinders is to angle the blade all the way to one side and to continue to run the pump for a minute (keep trying to turn to that side) and then go to the other side and do the same thing. What your trying to do is force the air back up the line by forcing fluid into the lines. It usually takes a few times to get the air out.
  3. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sorry to dis-agree but. The worst thing you can do is run your pump after the function your doing has reached its max.. ( Premature motor failure ) To get the air out, back off the hose nut for that function or just keep working it. The air will come to the top of your fluid resevoir.
  4. frozen1

frozen1 Junior Member

Thanks guys, the reason I changed the fittings was because they were leaking.. I guess I will just leave it for now. What about the spongy cylinders ?
    Bolts, I will probably be looking to upgrade next year, the new truck has to come first, maybe in my stocking...For now its a 99 Nissan...
  5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Come out anyway. It don't cost anything to look. :)