1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air in system?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cjasonbr, Oct 6, 2008.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

My plow is up and i can failry easily push it back and forth and contract and extend the rams about 1/2 way. Does that mean that there's air in the pistons? Do i need to crack both the hose fittings and bleed it out? Thanks B&B and all.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

yes you have air in the rams either crack the hoses or just function it back and forth to force the air out the breather .

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Definitely has are in it. It will help when bleeding if you can park the truck and plow so that the rear of the angle rams are a little higher at the fittings...helps in most cases.

4. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I already cycled it left and right a few times. I'll bleed the lines tomorrow.

How do i know when it's full of fluid? I'll probably need to add some more after i bleed it. The sticker says to add it until you can see it in the fill fitting, but last time i did that it pissed out a 1/4 quart on the ground.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Its best to just "sneak up" on the final fluid level. Works best if the lift tower is in the down position during the top off. Wont hurt a thing if it pukes a little out regardless.