1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air in system

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FordFisherman, Jan 13, 2008.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Still having a problem with air building up in the hyd. system of my MM2. When I changed the fluid at the beginning of the season there was a lot of air that came out so I've been periodically checking and loosening the plug. Still have air coming out. I removed the grey vent cap and air came out of it as well. Is this normal?

2. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

You will always have air in the system. As soon as you move the plow pistons you create air.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you removed the gray vent cap and it expelled air, it sounds like the gray vent is plugged up...I see it happen on occasion.

4. FordFisherman

from 06611

I replaced the vent cap-$21.00!! Hopefully that does the trick.

5. scitown

scitown Senior Member

I went through the same thing. I still have air in the system. I thought that was normal. My vent cap was the old syle so it had to be changed anyway. Any luck with yours?

6. FordFisherman

from 06611

I removed the new cap and air came out again. Hmmm...vent cap supposed to vent , right?