1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air in system

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jay brown, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i had to remove the cylinder and repack it. now the system is full of air. what is the best way to rid of the air and get the fluid back in the system. thanks, jason

2. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

I just work it back and forth, and up and down.

3. Jay brown

i've tried that method for three hours now. no luck yet it moved a little each direction now it's not moving at all i can still hear the motor spinning though.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you recheck the fluid level? Prolly need's some.

5. Jay brown

i've been checking them after every time i've activated the controller, put 1 1/4 quarts in so far, some comes back out though in the form of air/fluid mix when i pull out the fill plug

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

OK, let it set overnight with the filler plug out to let the air separate out of the fluid. Once the fluid get's all "frothed" up with air, no amount of angling back and forth will work it out.Gotta let it separate first.

7. Jay brown

thanks guys it worked