1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air in hydraulic system?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FordFisherman, Dec 5, 2007.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I just did the annual fluid change on my 8' MM2; when I removed the drain plug the fluid shot out like it was under pressure? Never happened before...Any ideas?

2. ashsupply

ashsupply Junior Member
    from nh

Try removing the fill plus first or you can take the vent off first.

3. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I had that happen to me last winter and found that I had air in my hydrolic lines. After an evening of plowing, I brought the truck home and refilled the SEHP pump they way Fisher instructs you to do it in their manual. I jacked up my truck off the ground and lowered the blade as far as it would go down, (with the fill plug out) and angeled the blade back and fourth, up and down. Them I filled the pump back up, replaced the filler bolt and had no problems the rest of last year nor the start of this year.

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

fill plug or vent cap?

5. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Im having the same problem too. So you went up down and side to side with the fill plug out? I just cant seem to get the air out either! I have the older style pump its not an insta act. Let me know what you guys think this is real annoying!