1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air in cylinder and hoses

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Rono, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Rono

Rono Junior Member

I have a meyers plow with an E-47 pump. I was wondering how to get Air out of the cylinders and hoses.
    Thank you
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Just a guess but you seem to be sucking air from your reservoir. Maybe you let it get low. Just fill it and put your plow through the motions and it should purge itself if nothing is wrong. Then top it off again.
  3. MeyerService

MeyerService Sponsor

You can bleed the hoses one of two ways.

Park the truck on a hill with the blade facing down hill fully angled one way and remove the fill plug. Let sit for 15 minutes. Repeat with blade fully angle the other way and let sit 15 minutes. Check fluid level (1-1/2" down from the top with the ram all the way down). Reinstall plug and the air should have worked its way out.

Another way is to loosen a hose fitting and angle left and right until all the air is worked out of the ram and repeat on the other side. This way is a little quicker but very messy.
  4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I think you should fill your unit up go up down left right it should self bleed