1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air In Coolant ???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Stan, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Stan

Stan Senior Member

A while back I did an intake gasket on a 5.7 TBI. Went thru everything changing hoses, waterpump, radiator cap etc. I'm hearing what appears to be air gurgling in the heater core upon accelaration from a dead stop. I had a small leak @ the t-stat housing I fixed. Pressurized the system & no leaks found. The new rad cap ck'd out fine as well. When I had the intake gasket leak & coolant was low, it gurgled but stopped when I added coolant. No it gurgles all the time... I'm stumped !!!

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Possible faulty head gasket or hole in or cracked cylinder wall? I am not a Chevy man but maybe the intake gasket could cause it too if not just so. Have you checked your radiator for bubbling with exhaust odor?

3. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Checked that, definetly no exhaust bubbling.

4. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I'm not sure if this would do it, but could you have reversed which hose went to which pipe on the heater core?

5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Definetly not. It is totally foolproof.