1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air Horns

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLOWMAN45, Jun 17, 2008.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Looking for a set i want something really loud to go over those loud systems i think i have room to put a small compressor in
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Check out the kits from hornblasters.com I don't have anything from them but have heard good things about them from others.
  3. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Hornblasters is good but pricey for the kits. They do use good products such as Vaiair (sp) for their compressors. I have a set of Grovers under my truck hooked up with my exhaust brake compressor and tank.
  4. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I have the Whelen Electric Air Horn that the cop cars have. 10x better than any air horn, and its hidden. That thing is the way to move traffic.....
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

6. PLOWMAN45

yeah i know that place they have those combos with hi los and sirens i just want mack truck loud horns
  7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

They may have the setups that can work for you. They may still sell the air horn setup that uses a starter motor to run a compressor that blows a real air horn. They used to have just electronic air horn setups too.
  8. Lifted4x4Astro

Lifted4x4Astro Senior Member

I installed a set of big rig air horns on my 98 Astro. I used the stock A/C compressor for an on-board air system. I mounted an air tank in the rear and plumbed in some air chucks. The horn is run from a 12 VDC solenoid and uses the stock wires from the horn button.

9. PLOWMAN45

i was just on wolo.com i heard the chiefs horn excatly what im looking for
  10. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

wolo is about your only non compressor choice. You must put a few drops of oil in the unit and still some of the electric air pushers will go weak. They'll still work but, half capacity. Their cheap enough but, do expect a few to go bad before you find the one that will last.