1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air flow spreader control problems

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by neversatisfied, Nov 13, 2004.

1. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

Any one having problems with the new style control box on the new stainless air flows?the ps-8v?I have had the new style yellow switches in the box replaced,the electric throttle contol on the motor replaced.The throttle still will not work and i am hearing the are too many problems with these.Wondering if anyone has had these problems and have a btter way to fix them,or changed out the switches to some other kind?I am still gonna check if the warrenty ids good but its getting frustrating.thanks for any help..

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Do the rest of the controls on the salter work? Is the throttle trying to go or is there no power there? We have run extra ground wires on all our salters. We ran a cable from one of the mount bolts on the motor to the frame of the truck.

3. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

CET everything else is now working.i think the throttle control swicth or motor is bad again,gonna go through it again tomorrow when the sun comes up.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I just bought a new throttle motor for my Monroe. I had to buy one for my Air Flow a few years ago and the Monroe one was 1/2 the price. I think they are inter changeable. I know the clutch is and they are also 1/2 price.