1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air-flow plows?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Snowdawg48865, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Snowdawg48865

Snowdawg48865 Junior Member

Hi all, I sold my 79 dodge plow truck a few years ago, I now have a 02 gmc 1500hd it has the 6.0 and 8 lug rims. I was looking for any input about air-flo plows I can't really find a lot of info on them from anyone that's been plowing with them, or if anybody recommends a different plow setup? I will be plowing residential and family drives. Thanks for any input or advice.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

get a snow way with down pressure. light plow and perfect for your application of residential drives.

3. Snowdawg48865

I appreciate the advice, does any one see any problems with putting a 7'6" on (its a quad cab short box with a 6 liter) or should I be looking at a 8'. Thanks

4. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

treat your truck like a 3/4 ton, it has all the same features, frame, engine, transmission, front suspension, etc. i know because i am the owner of two chev 1500hd, and i did a lot of research on it. if you find a 2500 (not a 2500hd that has the same frame as the 3500) and compare them everything underneath is the same.

5. Snowdawg48865

Sweet that's what I thought, Thanks for the info

6. the snow

the snow Junior Member
    from mass.

crazy

no its not the same frame and why would you treat a 1/2 ton like a 3/4 anyway

7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i tell you what, if you take a 1500hd, and a 2500 (not hd) and put them together and look at the frames, if they are not the exact same frames, then a exec at gmc truck manufacturing plant owes me a explanation (not that it matters because I DID take a 2500 and a 1500hd and compare them). Care to guess my conclusion, if i wanted to , i could take out the frame from the 2500 and the 1500hd and you couldn't pick out which was which

8. Snowdawg48865

The truck is a beast it is a lot more heavy duty than any half ton I have ever owned. According to the snowdogg rep the 1500hd has the same frame as the 2500 and the 3500 he posted earlier today in the snowdogg forum. Anyway I am leaning towards a snowdogg ex80, I am hoping to get it on within the next week or so.