1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air flow bulk spreader price?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Who knows about these? I've heard theyre a good brand, is $3k "good" or are these usually 4-5k new?

http://www.air-flo.com/product.cfm?id=93792B45-C916-EEDA-D74BCFC1BE88E859#

starting at $2900, id have a long drive to pick it up, its an 8' model.

i know it wouldnt be the best thing, and i couldnt probably load it to max capacity, BUT can a 8' model fit my dually F350 thats only a 6 3/4' bed? i know its over a foot shorter and the thing would stick out at least a foot further than the one they have pictured, but is there a way to do it or would i have to run this on my long bed single rear wheel f350?

How much would this spreader weigh loaded up with "1.7 yards" of salt? Can you guys heap them up and then tarp them or is that 1.7cu yd flush with the top and cant go an inch over?

forgot ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:3|39:1|240:1318

2. 7.3 Plower

7.3 Plower Senior Member

I saw a brand new gas engine operated Airflo sander for 2700$ for the engine operated and 2900 for electric in the equipment trader magazine today.

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

they empty from the front so the last quarter of the box will be hanging over the back
    maybe you could fabb up a bracket to put in the hitch to support the back half

JR

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a good idea.. so your saying the "most" % of weight is towards the back half right? Ive seen similar hitch mount bars made for carrying long lumber etc before, something similar could be made. I always just assumed some of these 304 SS spreaders were 5-6k.

Why are my Boss little poly hopper spreaders $1500-2000 and for 1k more you get another 750lbs of stainless steel?

5. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

I have owned a few of those,they are great for salt[thats all we use]but if you use sand salt I think the 12 inch track is not wide enough,you need a 16inch wide track IMO...otherwise the material bridges up alot more...