1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air Flo!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by morettalandcare, Jan 29, 2011.

1. morettalandcare

morettalandcare Junior Member

I have an air flow stainless all electric spreader. The "brians" went out in it on the 20th and I am still waiting on a replacement controller from Karrier. I use to have the digital controller with the "brains" on the spreader and controller in the truck. I now will be using the Omega 2090 as Air FLo's replacemet. Has anyone had a similar issue with their Air Flo? I am not too happy with the company right now. I was told they will only stock 33% of that controller in a bad econ. because they do not want all that debit. I have only ever had Air Flo spreaders. I use to run gas ones back in the day this is my first electric V box.

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

That's not good. How old is the spreader? I have the same unit (assuming yours is the 1.8yd v-box) purchased new last spring. So far so good, no issues, love the spreader.

3. morettalandcare

morettalandcare Junior Member

I bought mine in the fall of 08'. I have the digital controller with digital read outs for spinner speed and drag chain speed. Do you have the black box with the blast button on the far left? I have heard that they are haveing issues with all of their controllers and the replacement will be the Omega 2090. I will know tomorrow if I am back up running or not. As of right now I have paid out as much in subcontracting to cover the cost of a new spreader. I am not happy with Air Flo at all!

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine just purchased a new one. Controller went out first time out. Not sure what the replacement is, he never had an issue with the one that had the brain out with the motors.

5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

Put it on a switch and be done, go make money

6. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Found a replacement controller

I will never buy electric again. Air Flo went in the toilet. I had issues 2 years ago and got them on the phone and they made good on one controller. I found a place in Ohio to get them direct, Air Flo told me they were back ordered. If you need the info e-mail me at to_buy@yahoo.com ( Airflo in subject line)

7. wizardsr

I don't think them being electric is the problem. I have several all electric spreaders and I'd never go back to a gas powered unit. Electric spreaders are far more reliable than gas powered units, require less maintenance, etc. I think the problem is Airflo over-thought their design. I'll admit, I had my doubts when I bought mine with the separate controller and "brains" on the back of the unit, but so far so good, I've had zero issues. My other electric spreaders have Karrier controllers and work flawlessly. The moment I have issues with my airflo, it will get a Karrier controller, no questions asked.

8. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I still want your good spreader Wiz..... Who gets it in your will?

9. wizardsr

Nobody... I'm gonna wear it out by the time I die...

But hey, come replace the 2 broken chains on it for me and I'll let you drool over it for a bit. Thumbs Up

10. mattslawn

mattslawn Junior Member
    from Indiana

We have had the same issue now 3 times with my air flo. I have the 4 yard one, bought it brand new last year at about 7 grand 3 nights without my spreader does not make me a happy camper