1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air Flo Vee Plows

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ChiTahoe, Jan 18, 2012.

1. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Not sure if you all have heard but AirFlo has come out with Vee s this year.
    They are great looking plows and already selling like hot cakes.
    Here are the only two pictures I currently have.
    Thought some of you would like to see the unit

Thumbs Up :cool:

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Its an Extreme V mounted on Western Headgear with Snowdogg lights. No thanks, thats a horrible center hinge design.
  3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

That does look like a mixture of plows for sure
  4. vi009dz

vi009dz Member

Is it Western Ultramount headgear?

Being completely naive...what's the issue with the center hinge section??
  5. plowguy43

Basically the hinge is a bad design in that all of the load is put on 2 spots. In very little time the center pin will bend, the wings will egg/oblong the holes, and they will never be "tight" like new. The load needs to be spread evenly like the hing on almost every other V plow (Boss, Snoway, Snowdogg)

Go to the Fisher Section and Search Center Pin to see more.

Attached Files:

6. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Well I love there tailgate salt spreader..............its works like a chmpion, just be sure to lube it up and grease it down......and it was affordable and all steel, none of that new fancy "plastic" material that everyone likes so much.........:)
  7. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Lets look at all of these plows, to me the only different one is the boss unit and SnowDogg. You're talking about the hinges, that means the AirFlo and Western have the same issues.

Seems like everyone is copying somebody, no need to reinvent the wheel. It must work or they wouldn't be produced. With proper care all units last a long time.

Also, the head gear, A frame, and quadrants are beefier than the Westerns.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  8. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

I don't think anyone's copying anyone, I think AirFlo is buying Western MVP Plus plows/components and having stainless skins made for them because there is no flare to the wings like there is on a Fisher V. Or at least that's the way it looks to me.
  9. 90Chevy

90Chevy Junior Member

Ill stick with my boss v plows there awesome......
  10. plowguy43

I left out Western because its the same as the Fisher. It doesn't work which is why they had to change the center pin to a hardened steel after the first few years release of the Extreme V. Even so, it still bends easily - but it results in parts sales so I guess they are on to something. Everyone else (including Fishers old EZV) has multiple points on the hinge to spread the load.

As for the headgear, it doesn't look much different at all from the Western, sure they may be some differences which I certainly won't deny, but overall its a Fisher/Western Plow. I'm willing to bet it's even a 2 plug Multiplex wiring setup with a Fisher/Western Controller (8 buttons)

In the first pictures they look flared and it would make sense since it'd be cheaper to just use production Extreme V wings rather than produce skin's for the western. I could be wrong though.

Its no real secret they use other plow parts, their straight blades are western blades as well, with their own stainless or is it galvenized steel. GotH20 posted about it awhile ago.
  11. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Go look at their site, the trip-edge blade is clearly a Fisher blade
  12. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

i'm liking the air dam on that air-flo headgear . can someone tell me what that is for . Leftover steel maybe .
  13. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

oh i get it now , it's an Air-Flow
  14. Kwing1120

Kwing1120 Member

The handles on the sides look like they are similar to Curtis plow mounts as well.
  15. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Sure looks like a fisher blade to me. Checkout the full trip looks identical to a Western as well. Douglas Dynamics could be selling the blades to them or selling a restricted manufacturing patent to Airflo. What does DD care they have 3 major brands and their probably they'd be getting paid for the blades or the rights to manufacture them...its not going to hurt a company that big anyway.

IMO the Airflo system looks like a handful of ideas taken from many brands and shoved into one plow. That could be a bad or a good thing. There's strong points in each brand and they've hit about every one minus their mounting system and it doesn't look like their is any Boss characteristics.
  16. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That is a Fisher blade all day long.
  17. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

I gotta say the mounting system is beautiful. If you know what you're doing it takes about 25 sec to get the unit on, same to get it off. It is a one plug design. If you look at the head gear picture it's on the right side at the bumper. The orange, white, and black harness. It will mount on a Curtis mount. Not sure about the Curtis wiring though. The Air Flo power units are made by Stone and Monarch, the cylinders are not the same as Western. It is a nice plow, I'll get some more pictures of it. I only have the straight blade currently in stock mounted on a truck for a demo. For the price, it's a steal.
  18. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Yep it's a dd plow. As for the hinge on my 07 extreme, it looks new . Now there are people on this site that have broken the hinge on the dd plows but I have read more post on boss hinges braking.
  19. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

It looks like the Western has the same hinge.
  20. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

well looks like another plow that will make me stick with my boss v-xt and after seeing all the pics of the other plow it does look like airflow went thru everyones rejected parts bins and made a v-plow no thanks but i like simplicity and originality