1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air-Flo V Box Feed Chain not moving

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Polka town, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Polka town

Polka town Junior Member

My feed chain is not moving, but my spinner is, is there shear pins on each side of the chain coupler? the owners manual does'nt list any shear pins.
    The out put shaft on the gear box is spinning, and it sure looks like a shear pin on both sides of the coupler. I tried to drive the one closest to the gear box out but Don't want to trash it.
    Also I put a pipe wrench on the drive shaft that runs the feed chain and I can't get it to move.
    The salt seems to be lose (not frozen) were should I start looking to see why the chain don't move?
    Thanks for the help
  2. ohchit

ohchit Junior Member

Just had the same problem with mine. There are 2 sheer pins we replaced and both broke about 20 min. later. We are replacing the gear box now to see if that is the problem.
  3. Polka town

Polka town Junior Member

Please post what you find out.
  4. ticki2

ticki2 Senior Member
    from NH

Yes there are 2 shear pins on the coupler . If the gear box shaft spins but the chain sprocket doesn't at least one is sheared. I had to drill one out to replace .I replaced with a bolt and nut. Have you tried moving the chain sprocket backwards with a pipe wrench? Could be that one of the flat cross bars is broken or chain is adjusted too loose causing it to bind. Unfortunately you will probably have to empty it to find out where the bind is. Good luck.