1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air flo tailgate spreader?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jiriki87, Oct 21, 2003.

1. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

I'm curious what you guys think about the AirFlo tailgate spreader. I need a spreader that will allow use of skoria, cinders (3/8"- 1/2") pieces of material to be spread evenly. I'm trying not to buy a bed mounted v-box, I need to be able to haul around a big snow blower. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm in Steamboat Springs, CO so any prices, shipping or dealers would be great.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

It is an excellent unit,just not as popular nowadays due to it's small hopper.It's more geared towards someone who is filling it right out of the back of the truck.

Can't comment on how it would do with large cinders,but I imagine it would work OK.
  3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

very good unit, I have owned 2 of them Just moved to bigger units. It will spread anything you put through it.
  4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Excellent little spreader,I purchased one of the two Plowking just spoke of last season and it will spread anything you put in it,i would however strongly suggest a vibrator kit,it worked wonders for mine.
  5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Arc - great to see you back buddy. :waving: