1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air-flo spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ssleeper94, Jan 18, 2009.

1. ssleeper94

ssleeper94 Junior Member

I was looking into an air-flo salt spreaders, can anybody give me some feedback on the qualilty of these air-flo spreaders
  2. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

I have a MSS hitch mount spreader, I have only spread about five tons of pea gravel and about 100 pounds of ice melt with it. So far I am very happy with it. I did a search on them on this sight, I could not find a bad word about them.
  3. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

One . The price is not very nice. But your be very happy with one.
  4. CMLawnCare

CMLawnCare Junior Member
    from CT

What have you seen for a price on one? Lets say a standard 1.7/2 yd S.S V box sander with a 10 hp motor (not including a honda motor). I've been quoted around $3,900. Fisher's Pro Caster was $5,200. Downeasters was close to $4,600+. All prices are sanders alone, no install.
  5. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

I've seen some around the 3 thou mark. Just go to there web site and see if you have a dealer in the area. If your really serious look at the dump bodies too. Nice stuff. I was looking at the big 5ton dump bodies with the build in convey system. I could use it winter and summer.
  6. K&N Snow

K&N Snow Member

I have an 8 foot for my pick up and a 10 foot for my chevy 6500. I Love them and would buy them again