1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air Flo Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Andy N., Nov 11, 2003.

1. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

Found an Air Flow Stainless 1.6yd capacity, 9 hp Briggs Engine for $2800. Good price, great price? What do you all think. Anyone have this spreader? Good or bad? It is new also, not used.
  2. CPSS

CPSS Senior Member

Seems to be a good price. Call some dealers and find the price on a new one from them.
  3. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

This price is for a new one. It seems to me to be a steal.
  4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I never used an AIR FLO spreader but have seen several used they worked just as good as the rest of them.Look very well built.Our local city yard even has a couple units in service and they cover the road great.Brand new at that price sounds like a steal to me.
  5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Great price, we hope to add that exact unit once a few seasonal checks come in.
  6. The Grassman

The Grassman Member

Damn that sounds good. I could buy that in the US there and still come out cheaper with the conversion rate. I think draw back to me in the engine is a Briggs not Honada which i would like to have.
    I beleive the HP in that model is less then if you buy the honda engine.
  7. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

Some places are getting that much for the mild steel model. I'd get it while you can.
  8. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

air flow has gone nutz with pricing.Locally mine were at special for 3100 now back to 3500.Michigan at angelos are 2799.Were in PA are they for 2800?im in connecticut and will take the drive now for some.Thats a kik aa$$ price for stainless
  9. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

After spending about two weeks shopping price, that is an awesome price for stainless, BUT if you ask around most will tell you to go with the Honda upgrade no matter what the price.

Just added a Swenson 8' 2 yard, mild steel with the 11HP honda with cab controls for a cool $3800.00 picked up price. The install is really easy.

Oh and is not one has told you yet. Put the 2x4's between box and bed. After showing off my box alittle everyone with a V box said the first season ran without the 2x4 and had problem with conveyor freezing to bed. So i went back and added them.

Good luck.
  10. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

Found em for 2899 locally,just picked up 2,nice spreaders at a nice price.:nod: