1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air-flo spreader

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kubota00, Feb 2, 2011.

1. kubota00

kubota00 Junior Member

We have an Air-Flo spreader that has broken the sheer pin ion the feed auger it has been replaced and lasts for about 2 minutes the body is full of a sand salt mix. Anyone know what’s wrong?
  2. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

It is possible something might have gotten bent, you never no if you get a rock in there the wrong way,or how much material is in the sander, it is possible that if it is overloaded you may be over working causing the break, however it is hard to answer the question accurately, to many variables. Good luck
  3. Hank_JR

Hank_JR Junior Member

I have had this problem. Check the tension on the conveyor system. If it has to much slack it will catch on the lower cross member and break the shear pin. Each side must be adjusted equally or the conveyor will bind. Let me know if this works.
  4. kubota00

kubota00 Junior Member

You are exactly right, the belt was catching on the cross member, I wish you responded sooner, we spent many hours trying to figure this out.

Are you in the business? You seem to know the equipment.