1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air flo spreader wiring help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by andrewlawnrangr, Nov 24, 2008.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

i am currently rebuilding an airflo ss spreader( new bearing, motor, chains) i pulled the motor and not thinking i have no where to begin by putting the wires back together. if any one has this spreader i would like to know what wires (colors) go to what. the motor is a 10.5 brigs with electric start and pull start. i am goin to be installing an electric throttle control as well.

thanks to all!!

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

if you open up your switch panel i might be able to walk you thou it
  3. andrewlawnrangr

any one have an air flo??? maybe look at the wires and tell me where they go?
  4. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

I'll check mine out tomorrow and let you know.
  5. Tediesel

Tediesel Member

the harness colors go to the following

White to ground
    Green to starter solenoid
    Red to clutch
    Black to engine kill
    Yellow goes to the brown wire on the electronic throttle
    Brown goes to the red wire on the throttle.

That's what they are on a 2005 anyway.

Need anything else let me know.
  6. andrewlawnrangr

thanks tediesel

i called air flo and thery sent me out a wire diagram right away "faxed" lol now off to napa to get the parts.. water proof connectors and heat shrink.. i also think im goin to make the truck side a 6 way round trailer connector same with the spreader to make the connecton easy.. thanks all!!!

safe plowing
  7. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

The black that goes to engine kill ?where is this on engine ?putting together a unit i didn't take apart this is my last wire!any Help i would apprecite
  8. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

On my sander it comes off the coil and hooks up on the throttle control