1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air-Flo spreader problems

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jsyl7, Dec 7, 2011.

1. jsyl7

jsyl7 Junior Member

i went to start my spreader today and nothing. the motor seems to get locked up in the same spot every time. i disconnected the chain to make sure the clutch wasnt holding it back and same thing. i took the starter off and it cycles when its not on perfectly. i had it running about a month and a half ago and it rain fine now it just gets locked up and wont turn over. im thinking the motor is seized but i changed the oil and replaced with the correct amount and have ran it for about an hour since and it always started up. any help would be greatly appriciated. the motor is a 10.5 HP briggs thanks Josh.

2. G.Lawns&Designs

G.Lawns&Designs Junior Member

Take off top of cover to motor (plastic casing) and take a wire brush and clean the fly wheel between the magnets. You should then be able to hand start motor.

3. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I just bought a used Myer stainless sander with a 10.5 briggs motor. When I want to look at it I tried to pull the cord it seemed like the motor was seized up,:eek:The guy looked like he was surprised. He pulled it as hard as he could. I bought it anyway for cheap. :rolleyes:When I brought it home and took the cover off it was rusted on the magnets and after a good cleaning it turns fine. Motor runs great.:salute: