1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air-Flo Snow plows???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by EliteJ, Oct 20, 2010.

1. EliteJ

EliteJ Member

anyone have info on these plows? Good or bad let me know!

Thanks

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

never heard of it

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I had heard of Air-Flo spreaders but not plows. So I looked it up and they are making plows now. They make trip edge and trip blade plows. They make the full trip in 7.5' and 8' widths and the trip edge comes in 8' and 9' widths. The Quik-Latch mounting system looks pretty good IMO. The trip edge blade is set up almost identical to an HD Fisher blade. Go to http://air-flo.com/product.cfm?id=02D3EF49-BAB0-8FB8-74319A54BA8DB3BA for more info.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

They've been around a couple years, nice mounting system, all stainless steel moldboard, very small dealer network.

5. EliteJ

EliteJ Member

There seems to be about $1000 less than anything else in Sothern Ontario. Just dont know what to buy I have had Meyers plows and now it is time for a change.

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

mounts almost exactally like the curtis minus the hydrolic jack the curtis has.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

They're badass. Had they released the V plow as they were supposed to, one would be on my truck. My buddie just got his preseason order in a couple of weeks ago and the first install was on a 2011 Ram. Very nice.

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

How are the hydro's? Pretty quick or ?

9. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

"The Dual Chain lift is an added safety feature and will enable the blade to float when plowing on an uneven surface. The dual chain also allows the operator to stack snow higher."

Oh really? Wouldn't this be larger angular travel at the pivot point? Don't see how adding a second chain would cause you to be able to STACK HIGHER THAN EVER BEFORE!!!!!!!!
    I do believe all of the manufacturer sites use the same gentleman for all their videos. And an identical script, "easier, faster, smoother, more efficient, more rugged" Although there must be some truth to Air-flo's video as the "driver" is so comfortable plowing in slacks and a cable-knit sweater... nice loafers bud

sorry, rant over. :waving:

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yeah.........it's pretty much the identical pump/cyls as a Western Ultra. Infact, moldboard, quadrant, etc is all identical.

11. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

keep that quiet, Western will sue them next. lol

From what i have seen they are nice plows. you can buy a snow dogg for about the same money and snow dogg has a bigger dealer network though.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol I agree......BUT looking at the 2 side by side, the Snow Dogg in no way compares in durability IMO.....nothing against Snow Dogg. Mounting far surpasses that of the Snow Dogg too. Give a Snow Dogg 1 season and theres no dismounting it without a BFH and a prying device of some sort, and the removable trailer style jack is not only a PIA, but a joke. Not to mention the moldboards on the Airflows are completely stainless, not just a skin.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  13. mercer_me

Air-Flow's trip edge mold board is identical to the HD Fisher's mold board.

Fisher Blade.jpg

Air-Flow Blade.jpg

14. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yea it is..

15. gtstang462002

gtstang462002 Senior Member

Could they be another Douglas Dynamics company or one that they have a vested interest in possibly?

16. mercer_me

I wish Douglas Dynamics would buy Air-Flow so they could take Air-Flow's Quik-Latch mounting system and put it on the Fisher plows and call it the Minute Mount 3.

17. gtstang462002

Lol, I bet there is a vested interest that isn't publicly known. That would explain the identical moldboard structure and lack of lawsuits.

18. mercer_me

If you took Air-Flows mounting sistem and combined it with Fisher head gear it would make an awsome plow IMO. They way the Air-Flow head gear is now it don't look that good to me.

19. gtstang462002

It kinda reminds me of the old school meyers plows.

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yeah I kid you not, the regular full trip mold boards and quadrants are identical to Uni/Ultra plows. Literally identical. To the point where I plan to price the stainless boards for my rehab Unimounts. They bolt right up. I'm sure DD is involved one way or the other. Otherwise ther'd be a lawsuit.