1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air flo sander wiring question please help!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by osomany?s, Sep 23, 2013.

1. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

i bought an air flo sander over the summer and the wiring harness was cut.i copied the wiring off one of my other sanders and all is good in cab controller works as it should!my question is what i believe might be the voltage regulator (small box near dipstick tube about 1.5 inches and square)has 3 wires wire #1 is red and i am pretty sure it goes to starter solenoid same post as positive battery cable.wire #2 is yellow and the same gauge as wire #1 travels up under the flywheel and (im trying not to take the flywheel off)seems to be intact im thinking it goes to the stator or some sort of alternator ?wire #3 is black and very skinny not nearly the same thickness as wires 1&2 and is bolted to the center of what i am assuming is the regulator and is only 3 inches long then its cut.on my other sander this skinny black #3 wire goes up under the flywheel also finally my question is........is #3 an aux ground i dont believe it is thick enough to be part of the charging circuit but i am unsure and cant find wiring diag online so if anyone can help please do thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

lets start with what kinda motor is it??

3. osomany?s

osomany?s Member

Sorry briggs

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Might just try the same questions over at lawnsite too. I

5. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

sounds like the throttle, the throttle for a gas powered spreader is a square black box for most models