1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

air-flo salter

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mannlawn, Nov 2, 2006.

1. mannlawn

mannlawn Junior Member

I am thinking of buying a SS 8' w/gas engine.Just wondering if anyone has anything to say good or bad about Air-flo spreaders. Air-flo is the best deal in my area(south indiana) 3500.00 w/briggs,300.00 more for a honda, is it worth the extra for a honda?

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I can't speak for the 8' air-flo, but the tailgate air-flos we have are a great construction. one of them was even hit almost head on by a car, It's was back up and running in 2 days. I have seen lots of people with 8' air-flo so they can't be to bad.

As for briggs engine, I'm not a fan. I'd rather get a honda engine on it if thats an option.

3. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

I run an Airflo stainless Vbox and have not had any problems with it. Mine has the Briggs engine on it, but if I were going to buy another one, I would spring for the Honda engine.