1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air Flo Mss Spreader Motor

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by P.L., Dec 22, 2008.

1. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

I just bought a used Air Flo Mss spreader for $200 off of Graig's list. Th unit is in good shape, but its missing some parts. I am trying to invest as little as possible into this unit because I don't have many accounts to sand. I think that most of the parts that are missing (bearings, sprockets ect) are fairly common and should be able to find the with out going through air flo and save money. However it also did not come with a motor. I would like to also find a motor so I don't have to go through air flo and spend $500. Does anyone have any specs on these motors,(amps, rpms, hp, model/ serial #, make) that you could share with me so I can try to find one similar but cheaper. I am in no rush to get it going so I figure with a little time and research I can have a running unit for cheap money.

2. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

they're great peoples at AirFlo, they told me you can get the motors rebuilt for $250. Prices shouldn't be that bad for the bearings and sprockets.

Motor is 43 amps. I think its Ohio Motor company er something like that

3. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

Thanks for the info. The problem is that it did not even come with a motor thats why I have no info about what should be there