1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Air Flo Gas V Box Throttle

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rpainetfd, Jan 22, 2009.

1. rpainetfd

rpainetfd Member

I have inherited 2 Air Flo V Boxes along with a customer base from my father who just passed away. I have driven for him for many years and I am somewhat familiar with the equimpment. Here is my question though.....both air flo spreaders, model af-ps are much older models. They are gas power, and the factory control box only has a power and start button, and one switch for lights. He has always had to run his own throttle cable from the spreader motor to the cab. This works fine, but makes it somewhat difficult to quickly remove the unit or use it on other vehicle. All the wiring I have wired into a trailer plug so I just unplug, remove the tie downs, and remove the unit. But the throttle is a pia. My long winded question is, do all these models get hooked up this way, or is there something he did not get with the units, or can they use an electronic throttle (they have Briggs engines with centrifugal clutches) Thanks for your help.

2. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Air Flo is all me

I work on a ton of Air-Flo and all the new ones use electric throttle. U need to do some work but you can change them.
    E-mail me for more info.
    to_buy@yahoo.com
    Air-Flo in the subject line

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

so guys just start them at the motor and set a high idle and spread at that speed
    i bought an old spreader and bought a throttle motor from angelo's plow parts fabbed it the work
    ill take a pic next time im at the shop

4. gary42095

gary42095 Member

i used to wire them into my old sanders that were cable equipped. not too hard to do especially with a welder. and some basic knowledge of wiring. i buy from local fisher dealer and they run about 100 bucks. if anyone knows where to get them cheaper by all means let me know

5. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

Go to angelos online the are about 86 bucks plus shipping they also have the wiring and controls that are neededpayuppayup

6. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

this is my setup

JR

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015